Dangerous flood waters have hit several Southeastern Kentucky counties, and local businesses have taken the initiative to give a helping hand.
Here’s how you can help by stopping by a donation drop-off near you:
• Owner of Grateful Ed's BBQ Ed Frazier, Kentucky State Police Trooper Shane Jacobs, and other business owners in Barbourville have teamed up to serve 2,000 meals and donate items to flood victims on Monday, August 1. Drop-offs can be accepted at Grateful Ed's BBQ on 202 Court Square over the weekend during business hours.
• Mini Mee Boutique and Tri-County Formula Findings are taking donations beginning Saturday, June 30, through the following week!
Donors can bring formula, diapers, wipes, baby food, and cereals, and baby creams/toiletries to the Mini Mee Children’s Store located in front of Lowes in Corbin from 11 am-7 pm Tuesday-Saturday & 12 pm–6 pm on Sunday.
• Corbin Walmart is taking non-perishable items donations. Donation bins are at each entrance.
• Kentucky Creative, located at South Park Center Drive, Suite 1, in Corbin is accepting non-perishable food items, food storage items, water, tools, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, baby items, clothing and shoes on August 1 – August 5 from 10 am to 2 pm.
• Hampton Haigen Home, located at 109 East 6th Street in Corbin, is taking donations on Saturday, July 30, from 11 am to 2 pm. They are accepting blankets, towels, detergent, Walmart gift cards, clothing (all sizes), hygiene products, and packaged food.
• Pennington Wellness Chiropractic & Massage, located at 615 South Main Street in Corbin, is also a drop-off location. They ask you to place items inside the main hallway in containers that can be transported easily.
• The Whitley County EMS base in Williamsburg and Corbin are accepting donations of water, canned goods, clothing, paper items, and hygiene items.
This is a developing story. More drop-off locations will be added as information becomes available.
If you are a local business volunteering as a drop-off location,
Please email Lead Reporter Billy Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Report by the Kentucky Daily