Williamsburg Police Department (WPD) executed a narcotics search warrant in Whitley County on Thursday, May 26.
According to a release from WPD, five individuals were arrested in the Cane Creek community as a result of the search and were lodged in the Whitley County Detention Center.
1. Christopher Hayes – Trafficking in a Controlled Substance – First Degree – Methamphetamine, Trafficking in a. Controlled Substance – Third Degree – Drug Paraphernalia
2. Donald R. Hurst – Trafficking in a Controlled Substance – First Degree – Methamphetamine, Drug Paraphernalia
3. Opal Hurst – Trafficking in a Controlled Substance – First Degree – Methamphetamine, Drug Paraphernalia
4. Roger Rutherford – Possession of a Controlled Substance – First Degree -Drug Paraphernalia, Possession of Marijuana, Drug Paraphernalia, Resisting Arrest, Assault – Third Degree – Police Officer
(This suspect is accused of resisting arrest and assaulting two officers during a brief scuffle while being arrested)
5. Danny L. McFarland – Served with an Indictment Warrant for Possession of a Controlled Substance – First Degree – Methamphetamine, Served with Bench Warrant for Non-payment of Fines
A search of the premises and of the suspects on the scene resulted in the discovery of suspected methamphetamine, schedule II pill tablets, schedule IIII pill tablets, marijuana, cash, and an assortment of drug paraphernalia consistent with drug trafficking.
All criminal defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Samantha Walden, Staff Writer at the Kentucky Daily
Photos courtesy of Williamsburg Police Department and Whitley County Detention Center